Middleton, Wis. – The “book-direct” slogan gets tossed around in the hotel and vacation rental industry a lot lately. Two words which seem clear enough have recently become less clear now that Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) are moving to an online transaction model. Today, when OTAs refer to booking direct it does not mean directly with hotels or vacation rental owners/local managers. It means that travelers book “directly” through middleman websites. Wait… that means its no longer actually direct, right?
Travelers beware: many third party booking websites still waive the book direct flag, but only over their website properties. Booking though middleman booking websites is not actually booking direct. The OTA booking path has forked – unpredictable booking fees to the left and new traveler fees to the right – both roads resulting in extra fees for travelers.
Have you been watching the hotel giants spend millions to clarify the meaning and benefits of booking direct? Did they just wake up and ask themselves “How did we become barnacles on the hull of these giant OTA freighters?” Did they wait to long to detach themselves? Their urgent shift to a true book-direct model sends a clear message to the booming vacation rentals industry: You want to control your booking process, customers and rental inventory, not lose control.
Though my JM Creative Group is a start-up business which competes with hotels for traveler dollars, we are inspired by their commitment towards clarifying what “book direct” means, and we embrace the same philosophy for the vacation-rental industry.
The travel business is ever changing and as the industry realizes the priorities of its customers, hopefully “book direct” will actually mean “book direct” once again.
Imagine relaxing at this cozy home during the Winter! Lake Front Cabin on Lake Hadlock is a great winter destination. The home is near downtown Lake George and its shopping outlets and great winter dining options. The kids are sure to love mixing in time at The Lake Front Cabin and the Great Escape indoor Water Park. Whether you’re planning a romantic weekend with your sweetheart, or taking the family on a ski trip, you can still enjoy Christmas-card lake views.
A Life Made Simple manages this home along with other seasonal and year round Lake George cabins. Lake Front is a 4 season home offering a 4-season family playground! Enjoy all water sports from swimming, kayaking, fishing. Enjoy hardwater sports too: Ice fishing and Lake George snowmobiling trails (Groomed and close by). During Winter, make Lake George your destination for fun: For a unique cross-country skiing experience try the network of lighted trails in nearby Glens Falls. At RentNewYorkCabins.com you book with the local property manager and get the lowest price online. Now get out there – live and play like a local while you are visiting Lake Hadlock in Lake George, NY.
Exercise your taste buds by visiting the Adirondack Winery and Tasting Room, the regions premier winery is open year round, just like the Hadlock Lake Front Cabin. Romantic cabin time in Lake George, NY during winter includes lots of snuggle time and a bottle of local wine. Try something different, go ice fishing!
Cabin Time has no borders. Visit our other state-specific website too:
RentWisconsinCabins.com | RentMichiganCabins.com | RentMinnesotaCabins.com | RentMontanaCabins.com and RentTennesseeCabins.com
Thanks for supporting our growing number of state-specific, vacation rental website that allow travelers to easily plan AND BOOK DIRECTLY with owners and local property managers. Avoid those middleman booking websites and get the lowest price online. Tell your family and friends about our great websites!
New York Vacation Rentals are the trend for 2016! The advantages of staying at a NY vacation rental are numerous. There are lots of pet friendly options, homes with fireplaces and fire pits, chalets and cottages right next to the lake. You have private parking and sometimes piers for your boat. Vacation rentals give families room to spread out and enjoy each other. Something a hotel just can’t offer.
The time to book our summer 2016 vacation rental is here! What do you need to do before you book your vacation rental? Here are some tips:
- Inquire about your vacation rental with the actual owner or manager before you book. They know the property (and the area) best and will have you living like a local on Day 1.
- If you are looking to bring your pet, be sure you know the Pet Policy. Some will not allow certain breeds or sizes of dogs. It might also be good to check out if there is a kennel or fenced in area for your pet while you’re out at the lake. Compare vacation rentals with a pet policy versus kenneling them near your home if your on tighter budget.
- Know the cleaning policy. Some rental owners or managers charge a cleaning fee and don’t expect much cleaning. There others who expect to have the place ready for the next renters. Whatever the case may be, it’s always wise to take pictures or note any possible previous damage. Be very thorough.
- Picking up the keys. Some rentals may have a lock box on the door. Some owners might meet you at the property or have them hidden somewhere. Property Managers might have you stop at their office and pick up the keys. Know before you go!
- Ask about mobile phone reception. Vacation rentals in New York can be remote. If you need use your cell phone for directions, or to check in, make sure you will have cell coverage. We recommend you have a physical map in the vehicle just in case. If you have to stay connected, ask about Wi-Fi availability.
- Always ask about supplies and what you should bring. Some supply bed sheets but not towels, or vice versa. Some supply both. Always ask about a medical kit or if you need to bring certain kitchen items that you can’t live without (like a bottle opener) or a muffin pan. You get the idea. Some cabins and cottages offer canoes, kayaks or bikes on site.
- Check out a calendar of events or a town’s Facebook page to research area events. Keep in mind that rental prices are often higher during summer, holiday’s, and big events.
- Ask who you need to contact if you have any emergencies. If there is a leaky faucet or a light goes out, you will know whom to contact.
Catskills, Adirondack Park, Finger Lakes, Upstate …wherever you end up, your vacation will be better in a cabin, cottage, lodge or home. We are just getting underway in New York, but stop by and see our selection New York vacation rentals. Skip the booking website commissions and book directly with the owners and save. If you’re looking for a resort, cabin, vacation rental or lodge elsewhere, check out our other websites:
www.RentWisconsinCabins.com www.RentMontanaCabins.com www.RentMichiganCabins.com
Need a moment to realize how small we as humans really are? These mountain views from the Adirondacks really show us a majestic landscape, insurmountable to any other terrain in the United States. Choose the fall to check out Fall Color Tours by hot air balloon, train, plane or hiking. Click on the picture for information on your next vacation rental. Don’t just imagine it, experience it for yourself. For other New York vacation rentals, go to www.RentNewYorkCabins.com
Daggett Lake- Birchwood Resort.
Curtigay Cove in Tupper Lake- A cozy retreat in the Adirondacks.
Lake Desolation in Middle Grove. Away from city traffic and noise, amongst nature.
Lake Vanare in Lake Luzerne.
Depe Dene Resort on Millionaire’s Row in Lake George
RentNewYorkCabins.com is a vacation rental website that allows you to book directly with the vacation rental owner to give you the most accurate information, pictures, and the lowest rates.Check us out on Facebook for the newest listings! To discover cabin rentals in other states, head to our other websites!
www.rentmichigancabins.com www.RentMontanaCabins.com www.RentWisconsinCabins.com www.RentMontanaCabins.com www.RentMinnesotaCabins.com
IT’S CABIN TIME NOW